The Secret Garden Perfume Locket
The Secret Garden Perfume Locket
With joy in her heart, she turned away from the busy Parisian streets, and ducked behind the Hotel du Grand Veneur, pressing her hand against the cool wrought iron gate. As the heavy gate slowly swung away on its old hinges, her senses drifted ahead of her, born on the wafting breeze that beckoned her forward. Inside the secret garden, roses in multitudes clung to their trellises, ascending into the blue sky above. Jasmine flowers sang out, enraptured, exalting desire. A warmth rose within her, too, as she paused, transfixed. And then she saw him, the one with eyes for her alone, her love.” - Morgan Tompkins, perfumer
Step foot into a Parisian garden oasis with this magical Secret Garden Perfume.
Featuring:oud, and jasmine. Middle notes of rose, white pine, and lavender. Top notes of bergamot and black pepper.
We love this incredible solid perfume for a couple reasons:
A.) Each perfume is handmade with love by amazing perfumer, Morgan Tompkins, who also just so happens to be one of my very best friends. Part chemist, part fragrance addict, with a special affinity for all things Parisian, she makes a living by day as a chemist at the U.S. Botanical Safety Laboratory and arrangement designer at Shady Grove Flowers.
B.) All the ingredients used in this product are made or sourced in the USA, specifically Asheville, North Carolina.
C.) This company is named after the local Mountains-to-Sea Trail, a long-distance trail stretching across North Carolina from the Great Smoky Mountains to the Outer Banks (literally, from mountains to sea).
To use: Each fragrance is cultivated consciously, made to heal + protect sensitive skin using ingredients that come straight from the Appalachian Mountain Region. A little dab will do ya, just dab a little on your finger and then your neck or wrist.
About Mountains to Sea:
We believe that good health is beautiful and attractive! The skin is the largest organ of the body. When our skin is healthy it acts as our primary immune barrier protecting the health of the body, it gives sensory feedback from millions of nerve endings affecting our overall well being and emotional state and gives us a beautiful and radiant appearance.
Ingredients that heal + protect.
- No harsh preservatives that disrupt the skin’s natural microbiome.
- No parabens or chemicals that penetrate the skin and disrupt the endocrine system.
- No nanoparticles of mineral components that can penetrate the skin.
- No blocking of pores, skin should be able to breath.
- No aggravation of inflammation.
- No artificial fragrances. All of the product aromas are from natural essential oils that are chosen for their healing properties first.
- Containers are BPA-free, recyclable, and/or compostable.
- Restore the integrity of sun or weather-damaged skin with moisturizing Hyaluronic acid, soothing and healing aloe and hydrating olive, coconut, and grapeseed oils.
- Complex carbohydrates holds moisture at the skin’s surface and mucilagenous herbs like slippery elm.
- Reduce inflammation with soothing and healing herbs including Calendula, Lemon Balm, Helichrysum, Rose, Rosemary, Elderberry.
- Restore the protective microbiome. Much like the microbiome in your gut, healthy skin has a sizeable ecosystem of its own. Damaging this ecosystem can weaken the skin’s defenses, making it more prone to attacks. Fermented plant products and reishi extract help reduce the impact of the many chemical assaults our skin undergoes on a daily basis.
- Restore collagen production with hyaluronic acid and reishi extract.
- Reduce oxidative aging due to UV with botanical antioxidant support.
- Reduce inflammation long term.
- Protect from UV damage through UV absorbing botanical oils like red raspberry, oat and wheat germ.
Packing and production that does no harm.
Knowing that the health of society, the health of nature, and the health of the economy are interwoven. These products are ambassadors for small-scale agriculture and convey a sensitivity to the natural heritage of our region. The packaging and fragrances are designed to be gender-neutral and to encourage an expansive frame of mind.